New Jersey Pride Chamber of Commerce Hosts Its 1st-ever LGBT+ Health & Wellness Fair, Saturday, October 15th
Location Host Kean University; NJDOH will administer FREE MONKEYPOX vaccinations, HIV testing, and COVID vaccinations – NO APPOINTMENTS NECESSARY. The Public are all welcome to tour the expo hall, giveaways, join a live Zumba class, and find out the color of your glow with on-site Aura-photography.
Wayne, NJ (October 06, 2022) – Come join The New Jersey Pride Chamber of Commerce (NJPCC), during its first-ever LGBT+ Health & Wellness Fair.
The General Public, Chamber members, Kean Students, and Allies are welcome to attend the fair – free entrance and parking. This event will feature 20 area vendors, free giveaways, mental and physical health resources, and the New Jersey Department of Health will be on-site to administer FREE MONKEYPOX vaccinations, HIV testing, and COVID vaccinations – no appointment necessary.
Shake it up with a FREE live Zumba class at 12 p.m. taught by Cranford’s Warrior Fit Agent. Then, get in the spirit of the season by getting your Aura photographed and analyzed by Asbury Park’s A Year and a Day Mystical Shoppe for $40 – find out what the cards have in store for you with a reading, and other items for purchase. Get your OM on with a FREE 3-minute meditation escape experience in the Buddhabooth.
Date: Saturday, October 15th
Location: Kean University’s STEM Atrium, 1075 Morris Ave., Union, NJ 07083
Time: 10 AM - 2 PM
Know Before You Go: Parking and entry Admission are Free. Public transportation via NJ Transit is available.
NJPCC is aimed at building health equity and equality for not only the greater LGBT+ community, but for the state of New Jersey as a whole. In support of NJPCC’s mission, Kean University generously donated the space for the day’s event.
Speak with representatives from:
- ABW Compliance Services LLC
- A Year and a Day Mystical Shoppe
- Bristol-Myers Squibb - Job Recruitment
- Buddhabooth- Meditation Experience
- Cruise Planners- Travel
- Eyes, Inc.- Programs: MOVES; BRAVE; ADAM & EVE; REST
- Hola Doctor-Improving the Health and Wellness of Multicultural Populations in the U.S.
- Horizon BC/BS
- Hyacinth Foundation (will provide HIV testing and information on other services)
- Ignite One LLC - Nutrition plans, Exercise and Movement, Behavioral Health
- MassMutual NJ/NYC
- NJ Dept. of Health - Covid19 Testing/Vaccinations; Monkey Pox Vaccinations
- Planned Parenthood of NJ (Union County)- Women’s Health
- PressTDesigns- DTG Printing
- Prevention is Key- Education on Addiction and Treatment
- Rising Tide Capital - Building Inclusive Communities and Resilient Entrepreneurs
- Rutgers School of Public Health-Center for Health Identity, Behavior and Prevention Studies.
- RWJUH Somerset-Babs Siperstein PROUD Center
- SERV Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. will have information on: Ambulatory Detox; Medication to support Recovery; Outpatient Program; Counseling Therapy; Mental Health Services.
- TD Bank
- Union County Office of Health Management
- Warrior Fit Agent - Zumba Class
ABOUT THE NEW JERSEY PRIDE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE:
Since 2013, the New Jersey Pride Chamber of Commerce has been the premier LGBTQ+ and allied business organization committed to facilitating successful business collaborations and increasing the economic staying power of its diverse membership. As an inclusive platform for business visionaries, the Chamber is the first stop for LGBTQ+ and allied entrepreneurs seeking to grow and access opportunities. Its primary mission is to promote the economic growth and development of the local community and help to better serve its members’ businesses by providing resources and opportunities for education, networking, and community engagement.
The NJ Pride Chamber of Commerce is an official affiliate of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC). It offers LGBT Business Enterprise (LGBTBE) Certification ® as a benefit of membership with the organization. Certified LGBTBEs are routinely sought after by over 300 NGLCC Corporate Partners who are looking to increase their spend with the LGBTQ+ business community. Certified LGBTBEs are also eligible for scholarship programs, mentorship and leadership training, and other business development tools.